Thursday, March 17, 2022

Book Review: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (spoilers for Throne of Glass)

Welcome back to Musings of an Arthritic Artist! Today I'm going to be doing a book review. This review is for Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, the second book in the Throne of Glass series.


Let's get into the review!

I'm going to be honest: I don't remember this book that much. I read it in November 2020. That was a relatively long time ago, but I remember books that I've read before this one. 

Because I don't remember this book much, I am going to use the Goodreads summary for this book:

""A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.
It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."

From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.
Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.
Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for."

I can't say I'm the hugest fan of this series. I don't like Celeana all that much, and Dorian and Chaol are just okay. There isn't anything particularly interesting/spectacular about them. Dorian is a prince who likes an assassin. Chaol is a member of the king's guard who also likes said assassin, creating a love triangle of sorts (that I know is virtually nonexistent in future books as I started Heir of Fire immediately after finishing this one).

I don't know. This book just isn't that spectacular. It wasn't that memorable, I know that for sure because I would've remembered it more if it was.

That's it for this review! I hope you enjoyed it! 


Until next time, 


Lexi K🖌


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged!

I enjoy hearing feedback or opinions by readers.

HOWEVER,

Every comment is moderated.

Any comment will be approved as long as it follows this blog's guidelines.

Any comments that don't adhere to the rules listed below will not be published onto posts.

1. No comments with profanity, vulgarity, or lewd content (if you won't say it in front of kindergarteners, elementary schoolers, teachers, or your grandmother, don't say it here; keep language G)

2. No spam comments

3. Keep comments on-topic

4. No derogatory comments (i.e. ableism, colorism, racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, or transphobia [though not limited to the examples listed here])

5. No attacks to any particular group of religious peoples (including, but not limited to: Anti-Catholicism, Anti-Christianity, Anti-Muslim, and Anti-Semitism)

Thank you for your cooperation!

Happy commenting! =D