Thursday, June 3, 2021

My 18th Birthday: A 2nd Quarantine Birthday

Welcome back to Musings of an Arthritic Artist! Today is going a be a special birthday post. If you didn't know (and chances are you didn't if you didn't read my post from Tuesday), my 18th birthday was two days ago (June 1st).

 

I'm officially an adult! Though I don't fully consider myself an adult until I'm 21 (I can legally drink or gamble then; for now I'd rather stay a teenager/young adult). 


What is this post about exactly? 


I'm going to be sharing what I did on my birthday. Just like the title reads, this is my second year in a row having a quarantine birthday. I spent my entire seventeenth year inside playing video games, watching hockey, reading, and spending time with my family.


Let's get into the post!

King, Alexandria. Musings of an Arthritic Artist. 2021.

So, I feel as if this post is going to be fairly mundane. I like to think that I'm good at introductions, but I don't even know how to begin this one, so I'm just going to get right into my day and try not to bore you too much.
___________________________________________________

For the past couple weeks or so, I've been waking up at six in the morning. My mother typically comes into my room to wake me up. When I went to bed the night before my birthday, I expected to wake up at six the next morning, but I didn't. My mom let me sleep in because she didn't want me to be tired on my birthday, so I woke up at eight. 

The morning's events aren't really that special on my end. I spent a couple hours just trying to paint my nails, while my parents and sister were downstairs decorating. I spent my first couple hours preparing for my day, while my dad was already making me a birthday breakfast. 

I'm going to skip the next few hours because honestly, not much happens. It's now about two or three in the afternoon, and I have finally finished getting ready for my day (I take hours to get ready; sometimes it's annoying). 

Since my sister wasn't that busy, I asked her to play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Mariokart 8 Deluxe with me on our switch, so that's what we did. We started with Super Smash. Super Smash has been one of my favorite games to play since I first played it as a child on my sister's GameCube. The two of us would go up against each other and my sister would beat me every time. I won a couple times, though I don't know if I genuinely won or if my sister threw a game. 

For the past few months, I have been playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate online. I've earned a bunch of online play milestones, and I've logged many hours. I've won many matches. On my birthday, my sister and I played three or four matches, and I won them all. My sister didn't like it, so I suggested we play a match online as a team. She agreed, and we played online. We played two matches. We won the first and lost the second (though we were fairly close to winning). 

My sister wanted to play Mariokart (it's a game she typically beats me at as well, though it's more even right now than Super Smash), so we switched games. She won a set of four races, and I won a set of four races. After that, we decided to go to the Battle option to play Balloon Battle, Shine Thief, and Renegade Roundup (I won Shine Thief and my sister won the other two). 

While my sister and I were playing games, my parents were frosting my cake. Not long before, I had mixed the colors for the frosting (the body of the cake was pink and the decorative shells were purple; I had initially wanted red instead of purple, but the red was acting up). The official party didn't start until after six in the evening. We decided to have cake first instead of dinner because why not. After this, we took photos and I opened gifts. 
 ___________________________________________________

I had stated that I wanted to play some games on my birthday, so after I was done opening gifts, we played a round of Clue (which my father won, beating me, my mom, and my sister by a mile) and two  rounds of Uno. In the first round, my mother won, followed by my father, then my sister, and finally me. The second round, my sister won, followed by me, my mom, and then my dad (it was incredibly entertaining to watch my mother and father play; I don't how how many cards they had to draw). 

We didn't end up having dinner until 1:30 in the morning, but I wasn't any worse for the wear the next day (I woke up at 7 in the morning). Dinner had already been made, but we just hadn't eaten. It was a long night, but it was fun. We had tacos (the authentic homemade corn tortilla kind), because that's what I wanted, along with rice, beans, and vegetables. It was very delicious. I was up later than normal on my birthday, but it was worth it and fun. 

I had wanted to play New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe with all 4 of us on our Switch, but it ended up being too late. My sister told me that we should play a round of Mario Party at a future time (which I agree with), and, according to my sister, she wants to throw me an Animal Crossing New Horizons party, which I'm looking forward to.
___________________________________________________

Overall, it was a very fun and long day. I had a great time. I enjoyed my 18th birthday more than my 17th birthday. They were both good, but the lead-up to this one was 10x better. Hopefully, my 19th birthday is just as fun. All I know is that I am no longer a child, and it feels bizarre.

That's it for this post! I hope you enjoyed it!


Until next time,


Lexi KšŸ–Œ

2 comments:

Comments are highly encouraged!

I enjoy hearing feedback or opinions by readers.

HOWEVER,

Every comment is moderated.

Any comment will be approved as long as it follows this blog's guidelines.

Any comments that don't adhere to the rules listed below will not be published onto posts.

1. No comments with profanity, vulgarity, or lewd content (if you won't say it in front of kindergarteners, elementary schoolers, teachers, or your grandmother, don't say it here; keep language G)

2. No spam comments

3. Keep comments on-topic

4. No derogatory comments (i.e. ableism, colorism, racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, or transphobia [though not limited to the examples listed here])

5. No attacks to any particular group of religious peoples (including, but not limited to: Anti-Catholicism, Anti-Christianity, Anti-Muslim, and Anti-Semitism)

Thank you for your cooperation!

Happy commenting! =D