Thursday, December 16, 2021

Book Review: All Fall Down by Ally Carter (spoiler free review)

Welcome back to Musings of an Arthritic Artist! Today I am going to be doing another book review, this one a spoiler-free review of All Fall Down byAlly Carter. 


I read this book in March 2019, so it's been a little while. This book is the first book in the Embassy Row trilogy.


With that aside, let's get into the review!


Like I said in the introduction, All Fall Down is the first book in the Embassy Row trilogy by Ally Carter, the author of the Gallagher Girls series. 

This is the synopsis Goodreads gives: 

Grace Blakely is absolutely certain of three things:

1. She is not crazy.
2. Her mother was murdered.
3. Someday she is going to find the killer and make him pay.

As certain as Grace is about these facts, nobody else believes her -- so there's no one she can completely trust. Not her grandfather, a powerful ambassador. Not her new friends, who all live on Embassy Row. Not Alexei, the Russian boy next door, who is keeping his eye on Grace for reasons she neither likes nor understands.

Everybody wants Grace to put on a pretty dress and a pretty smile, blocking out all her unpretty thoughts. But they can't control Grace -- no more than Grace can control what she knows or what she needs to do. Her past has come back to hunt her . . . and if she doesn't stop it, Grace isn't the only one who will get hurt. Because on Embassy Row, the countries of the world stand like dominoes, and one wrong move can make them all fall down.

  ________________________________________

The plot was intriguing. It was engaging. This book took about a week and a half for me to read. I thought the plot was very interesting. I also enjoyed the characters. From what I remember, the writing wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't awful either. The mystery aspect was incredibly interesting. It was enjoyable to journey with Grace as she tried to find out who killed her mother. 

The plot twist was also shocking. I didn't see it coming whatsoever, but it makes sense. I find it interesting how Ally Carter included it. If you've read the book you know what I'm talking about. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not going to explain it as this is a spoiler free review.

  ________________________________________

As for characters, I found Grace to be very interesting. She was unlike many female protagonists I've read about. She was an interesting person to follow. I was really interested in her story and her journey. I also really liked her familial relationships, particularly the one with her brother, Jamie, even though he's not really in this book. We never get to meet him, but Grace mentions him a few times, which made me really excited to meet him.

I also found Alexei and Noah interesting. I thought for sure that Noah would be a love interest for Grace, but it was quite clear that another character seems to be the love interest. I'm interested to see how this relationship involves.

  ________________________________________

I'm excited to pick this series back up and read its two sequels. I'm also excited to meet Jamie in See How They Run. I started reading the second book, but I dropped it and need to pick it up again.

Overall, I really enjoyed All Fall Down. I rated it 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. I really want to know what happens to Grace in the rest of the series. Hopefully, it won't disappoint.

That's it for this review! I hope you enjoyed it! 


Until next time, 


Lexi K🖌

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged!

I enjoy hearing feedback or opinions by readers.

HOWEVER,

Every comment is moderated.

Any comment will be approved as long as it follows this blog's guidelines.

Any comments that don't adhere to the rules listed below will not be published onto posts.

1. No comments with profanity, vulgarity, or lewd content (if you won't say it in front of kindergarteners, elementary schoolers, teachers, or your grandmother, don't say it here; keep language G)

2. No spam comments

3. Keep comments on-topic

4. No derogatory comments (i.e. ableism, colorism, racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, or transphobia [though not limited to the examples listed here])

5. No attacks to any particular group of religious peoples (including, but not limited to: Anti-Catholicism, Anti-Christianity, Anti-Muslim, and Anti-Semitism)

Thank you for your cooperation!

Happy commenting! =D